Step 1. Copy from Excel.
Organize your Task and Milestone data into two Excel tables as shown here.
Task tables should include a start date, end date and a description arranged next to each other. Milestone tables should have a milestone date and description also arranged next to each other. Now copy your first table.
Step 2: Click the Paste icon.
From the Office Timeline Milestone or Task Wizard paste your copied Milestone table, and then paste your copied task table. See how in this video.
Step 3: Create your slide by pressing the Finish button.
Click the green check box to finish turning your tables into a professional looking timeline slide or Gantt chart. It is just as easy as that.
See these quick videos for more tips:
- Fit more tasks on your slide
- Hide non-critical milestones or tasks
- Adjust your timeline’s position on the slide
- Copy and paste from Excel
- Show task duration in days or weeks
- Change date format or hide dates
- Re-arrange the order of your tasks
- Arrange milestones to avoid overlap